News and Events
Birdie's is always going to festivals or participating in events, here is where you can find out whats going on in Birdie's World.
Shrimp & Grits with Birdie's Pimento Cheese
- Y’know, dinner is just so DAILY! One of the easiest recipes to get dinner on the table is Shrimp and Grits. I swear, thawing the shrimp is the longest part of the process. If you’re lucky enough to have fresh, well you’re mighty lucky indeed.
It's a simple process to kick it up by adding Birdie’s Pimento Cheese. I like the combination of Jalapeño and Garlic Parmesan Pimento Cheese in mine, but your favorite combo is just right with me. Send me a pic! I’d love to see it.
Here’s how we do it. This recipe makes 4 servings
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cups of Quaker Grits Quick 5-minute
- Dash of salt
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and devined
- 2 tablespoons of Birdie’s Jalapeño Pimento Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Birdie’s Garlic Parmesan Pimento Cheese
- Diced red pepper
- Thin sliced red onion
- Chopped chives
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- Chopped crispy bacon
Bring the water to a brisk boil in a medium sauce pan. Slowly stir in the cup of Quaker Grits, add the dash of salt. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the shrimp, add Birdie’s Pimento Cheese, cover and cook 3-4 more minutes, until the shrimp is cooked (pink) and the cheese is melted. Top with your choice of garnish, serve with garlic bread.
Makes for a perfect gift or great snack for yourself!