News and Events
Birdie's is always going to festivals or participating in events, here is where you can find out whats going on in Birdie's World.
Virtual Hot Sauce Fest
- The good folks at the NC Hot Sauce Festival had to cancel this year. 2020 has taken out all of the great events we look forward to, but we're teaming up with a couple of Hottie food entrepreneurs to bring you our version of a VIRTUAL Festival!
- First: Daddy G's Rockin' Salsa is supplying a special batch of jalapeño peppers for a slow smoked collaboration in our Jalapeno Pimento cheese. Chis takes fresh jalapeños and smoke-roasts them low and slow in his smoker over applewood until they practically melt. They are not dried or dehydrated and still have that fresh jalapeño flavor. We're using them in a LIMITED single batch. When this special edition sells out, it will be gone.
- THEN: Our friend Ames Russell, with ARs Hot Southern Honey, is putting in a 12 oz bottle of his HOT HOT honey. The Food Channel said, "It starts off sweet and rich like an all-natural honey should, but the flavor changes as it hits your palate, finishing with the perfect amount of heat."
- BUT WAIT! We've just released our GHOST Pepper Pimento Cheese. Our friends at Dockery Branch Farms grow the peppers we use in this limited release flavor. We run this flavor right at the time of harvest, and let me tell you it is ALMIGHTY!
- So in our Virtual Hot Sauce Festival bundle you get: 3 Jalapeno Pimento Cheese, (2 traditional Birdie's Jalapeño Pimento Cheese and 1 with Daddy G's Smoked Jalapeños), 1 GHOST Pepper Pimento Cheese, one AR's Hot Southern Honey and 4 pretzel snack bags for immediate noshing. Celebrate with us. While supplies last!
Makes for a perfect gift or great snack for yourself!